[getdns-api] Priming the cache

Murray S. Kucherawy superuser at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 14:39:04 MST 2013

This one's a bit of a long shot request, but I really wish the existing
interfaces could do this so I'll ask for it here.

A lot of my recent open source projects (e.g., DKIM and its pals) rely on
getting policy and key information from the DNS.  Being able to run tests
on the DNS handling code is an important part of comprehensive unit testing
prior to a release.  Sometimes it's necessary to run such tests on a
machine without Internet access.  Thus, being able to force data into the
resolver that later queries will retrieve is an exceedingly useful notion.
If the resolver has a cache, this is just the ability to go about having a
test harness prime the cache before issuing queries.