[getdns-api] IDN processing

Wiley, Glen gwiley at verisign.com
Wed Nov 20 14:20:35 MST 2013

At IETF we talked a fair bit about IDN processing and it sounded as though we were leaning toward leaving this up to the application.  One idea that was presented was that since the getdns_convert functions would be nothing more than wrappers to functions in libidn2 folks would prefer to leave that functionality out of the API completely.

How do folks feel about this?

At the very least we would want to offer example code or recommended approach in the docs to make it a little easier for an IDN or IDN/DNS-ignorant application developer to have a quick start.
--
Glen Wiley
KK4SFV