[getdns-api] Presentation format for null terminated domain name strings

Ray Bellis Ray.Bellis at nominet.org.uk
Fri Nov 22 02:36:24 MST 2013

On 21 Nov 2013, at 17:52, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman at vpnc.org> wrote:

> Not "doubtless" because there is an "or" in the original statement. And, given that that is the current format, I want to be sure we understand what is being proposed before it changes.

When I mentioned "master file format" I meant the string format defined in §5 of RFC 1035, specifically where labels may include escape characters such as \DDD or \. to include characters that would otherwise be unprintable or have special meaning within zone files (e.g. '.', '@', ';', etc).

AIUI, some people also call this "presentation format".

kind regards,

Ray