[getdns-api] api review - section 3.1

Ray Bellis Ray.Bellis at nominet.org.uk
Thu Jan 30 09:16:32 MST 2014

On 30 Jan 2014, at 16:02, Goyal, Neel <ngoyal at verisign.com<mailto:ngoyal at verisign.com>> wrote:

This is commentary on section 3.1 in reference to Bob Steagall’s review of the getdns API - http://www.vpnc.org/pipermail/getdns-api/2014-January/000229.html

The suggestion is to consider renaming the prefix of the library to something without a verb in it (like gdns).  I do not think we need to make this change to the api, but I wanted to get a discussion going in case someone felt differently.  For now, I do not see this change occurring near term.

Given the name of the project, I concur.  The prefix should only change if the project name changes, perhaps to one without a verb in it (especially if longer term the API changes to support DNS operations that aren't "queries").

Ray