[getdns-api] Error during "python setup.py install"

Melinda Shore melinda.shore at nomountain.net
Wed Sep 2 02:21:17 UTC 2015

Hi, Shadrach:

Thank you for reporting the problem.  I've checked an updated
setup.py script into the "develop" branch of our github
repository (https://github.com/getdnsapi/getdns-python-bindings).
The new version allows you to pass in an argument containing
the root directory of your getdns installation.  So,
in your case you would build the Python bindings with

python setup.py --with-getdns /home/deploy/build install

Note that there is a space between the argument and its
value rather than an equal sign.

I've got a minor release with a few fixes coming out in the
next week, but in the meantime you can pull this from the
repo.  Please let me know if you run into further problems.

Thanks,

Melinda