[getdns-api] Remove IDNA functions from getdns?

Andrew Sullivan asullivan at dyn.com
Fri Sep 4 15:52:14 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 09:26:45AM -0600, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> Unless I'm misunderstanding the extension idea, this would limit the
> programmer to converting while doing a lookup. My original design
> allows the programmer to capture the return of the conversion and
> use it later, such as to do name matching in PKIX validation.

Oh.  Yes, I think we want that too.  In particular, the "convert it
later" stuff allows the application to leave its data in whatever form
it got it until it needs to display (or lookup).  The latter of course
happens at lookup, but the former could easily not happen until much
later or not at all.  So there'd be no reason to do any conversion
until display.

--
Andrew Sullivan
Dyn