[getdns-api] Getting from dicts by subscript operator

Melinda Shore melinda.shore at nomountain.net
Thu Sep 24 16:39:05 UTC 2015

On 9/23/15 5:37 AM, Shane Kerr wrote:
> I think that the last one is "correct" JSON Pointer syntax if I
> understand the RFC, but I confess that the one above it looks easier to
> read to me. :)

It's probably worth pointing out that the getdns
dictionary that's being returned in C is not a JSON
dict, and the various language bindings already have
their own language-idiomatic mechanisms for dereferencing
data in the returned dictionaries.  So, while I'm not
necessarily against using JSON pointer syntax here I'm
also not sure that it has any clear advantages over
any other syntax.

Melinda

--
Melinda Shore