[getdns-users] getdns_context_run() vs. getdns_context_process_async()

Willem Toorop willem at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Apr 30 12:31:16 UTC 2015

Hi Scott,

getdns_context_run() blocks and runs the event loop until there is
nothing more to process.

getdns_context_process_async() does not block, but has a quick look to
see if queries have been received, and if so does the callbacks.  Then
it looks if events have a timed out, and if so does those callbacks too.

Note that getdns_context_process_async() does not work with stub
requests with libevent.  Although I can see some potential use cases for
getdns_context_process_async(), I would rather get rid of it.

Cheers,
-- Willem