[getdns-users] getdns 0.3.0 release candidate

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Jul 13 04:46:52 UTC 2015

On Fri 2015-07-10 06:04:25 -0400, Willem Toorop wrote:
> I am pleased to announce the special IETF93 edition release candidate
> for version 0.3.0 of our getdns API implementation.

This release candidate is now in the debian experimental repository.
Users of debian testing or debian unstable should be able to install it
directly:

  https://packages.qa.debian.org/g/getdns/news/20150713T041858Z.html

I've introduced the patch attached below to make the "date" part of the
man pages refer to the API version string.  This provides appropriate
versioning, and avoids a source of non-determinism in manpage generation
(building the same source package next month will put "August 2015" into
the manpages, despite the fact that they have not been updated or
targeted to a new version of the API.  (date's +%B output is also
locale-dependent, introducing another source of non-determinism)

If you want to adopt this patch upstream, i'd be happy.  If you think
it's not appropriate for some reason, i'm happy to discuss other
approaches to deterministic manpage generation.

looking forward to the full 0.3.0 release!

Happy hacking,

  --dkg