[getdns-users] getdns 0.2.0 release candidate

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu May 14 13:28:15 UTC 2015

On Wed 2015-05-13 18:31:33 -0400, Willem Toorop wrote:
> I am pleased to announce the special RIPE70 edition release candidate
> for version 0.2.0 of our getdns API implementation.
 [...]
> Note that this is a release candidate.  It is distributed for you to
> review before we do an actual release.  Please review this candidate
> carefully.  If no issues arise the actual 0.2.0 release will follow
> over one week on the 21th of May 2015.

Thanks for this!  I've prepared debian packaging for it as part of the
pkg-nlnetlabs team in debian[0], and uploaded the release candidate to
debian's experimental repository.

It should be available for download via apt within the next day (or
maybe even a few hours, for architectures with speedy buildds).
Hopefully this will allow wider exposure and testing of the RC before
the 21st.

Regards,

        --dkg

[0] branches and tags for debian packaging of 0.2.0~rc1 are pushed to
    https://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-nlnetlabs/getdns for anyone
    interested (we do not intend or want the debian packaging to be
    merged by upstream).