[getdns-users] STUB mode, does it validate DNSSEC security?

Melinda Shore melinda.shore at nomountain.net
Thu Feb 25 18:30:01 UTC 2016

On 2/25/16 12:20 AM, Rick van Rein wrote:
> 2. I was looking into GetDNS as an possible alternative for libunbound
> (and got a bit confused because they're both from NLNet Labs) and if I'm
> getting it correctly, then GetDNS is meant to be wrapped for
> script-style languages, but given the string-indexed dictionary
> structures returned it strikes me as more complex to use in a C program
> than libunbound; or am I missing something?

Hi, Rick:

Yes, there's no question that the original data structure
design was extremely clunky for C programmers.  This was
recognized fairly early on, so Willem came up with a
really nice alternative syntax for accessing deeply-nested
data, for both read and write.  It resembles JSON pointers
and Unix filesystem paths and saves writing a ton of repetitive
code.  I wrote up a blog post on it, here:

http://melindashore.blogspot.com/2016/02/enhanced-getdns-data-access.html

Melinda