[getdns-users] STUB mode, does it validate DNSSEC security?

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Thu Feb 25 20:22:27 UTC 2016

Hi Melinda,

> It's all about the tradeoffs.

Oh yes, nothing I said is black & white; I'm merely expressing the
concerns that I have with this API design approach and the way it
exports potential problems that are otherwise internalised.  This
is why I proposed the API was more on the hand of scripts than of
C programs.

> But you may want to check out the Python bindings.

Oh yes, for Python I am already 80% convinced; having used pydns :)
It's strictly the embedding in C that leaves me concerned -- and
that is related to the sort of programs I like to write in C:
software that checks all return values and repairs any trouble.
Then, exported dynamicity becomes a concern.

> The data are
> standard Python dicts and lists and the callback function is a
> standard Python callable, so working with those is not any different
> from any other sort of Python programming and it's easy to adhere
> to a more functional style.

As expected, work well done.  NLNet Labs are heroes.

Thanks,
 -Rick