[getdns-users] getdns 1.0.0b2 release
willem at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Jul 14 21:21:10 UTC 2016
We are please to announce a second beta release of getdns 1.0.0 is
available for testing.
* RFC2782 style ordering of SRV resource records after a call to
getdns_service() is now implemented (was missing from the previous
* The DNSSEC authentication chain returned by using the
dnssec_return_validation_chain extension, will now be in
canonicalized from and order
* A new extension dnssec_return_full_validation_chain that will
return the DNSSEC authentication chain in canonicalized form and
order, including the authenticated resource record set.
* The return_call_reporting extension will also report on tried
upstreams with timeouts
* A new getdns_context_get_eventloop() companion function to the
already existing getdns_context_set_evenloop() function, that will
allow applications postpone the choice for a specific event library
or use the getdns default eventloop for their own I/O.
* More leniency in what to accept as an representation for IP and
IPv6 addresses (i.e. missing address_type keys in the dict, or just
the bindate without the dict container).
* Significant improvements to the getdns_query test tool including
option to use as a daemon listening on a specified address and
option to configure getdns_query via a configuration file. For more
details see https://getdnsapi.net/getdns_query.html
* API and Additional API information for this implementation is now
available in doxygen format which can be generated using make doc.
* An issue with DNSSEC wildcard validation
* An issue with CNAME loop protection in generating the response dicts
* Correct processing of callbacks that are fired before the
scheduling call has returned
* Correct processing of multiple requests on an open state-full
* Correctly reusing a TLS transport after a request on it timed out
Documentation is available at:
* getdns API documentation: https://getdnsapi.net/spec.html
* getdns doxygen: https://getdnsapi.net/doxygen/
* getdns_query documentation: https://getdnsapi.net/getdns_query.html
We would kindly ask that you review and try out this beta release
thoroughly. Depending on feedback, we hope to have a production release
available in early October.
md5 : a7d883ec4cd04bdb21f4ca7436c51d93
pgp : https://getdnsapi.net/dist/getdns-1.0.0b2.tar.gz.asc
* 2016-07-14: Version 1.0.0b2
* Collect coverage information from the unit tests
Thanks Shane Kerr
* pkg-config for the getdns_ext_event library
Thanks Tom Pusateri
* Bugfix: Multiple requests on the same upstream with a transport
that keeps connections open in synchronous stub mode.
* Canonicalized DNSSEC chain with dnssec_return_validation_chain
* A dnssec_return_full_validation_chain extension which includes
then validated resource records.
* Bugfix: Callbacks fired while scheduling (answer from cache)
with the unbound plugable event API
* header extension to set opcode and flags in stub mode
* Unit tests that cover more code
* Static checking with the clang analyzer
* getdns_pretty_print_dict prints dname's as primitives
* Accept just bindata's instead of address dicts.
Allow misshing "address_type" in address dicts.
* TLS session resumption
* -C option to getdns_query to configure context
from a json like formated file. The output of -i (print API
information) can be used as config file directly.
Settings may also be given in this format as arguments of
the getdns_query command directly.
* DNS server mode for getdns_query. Enable by providing addresses
to listen on, either by giving "-z " options or by
providing "listen_addresses" in the config file or settings.
* Bugfixes from deckard testing: CNAME loop protection.
* "srv_addresses" in response dict with getdns_service()
* use libbsd when available
Thanks Guillem Jover
* Bugfix: DNSSEC wildcard validation issue
* Bugfix: TLS timeouts not re-using a connection
* A getdns_context_get_eventloop(), to get the current
(pluggable) eventloop from context
* getdns_query now uses the default event loop (instead of custom)
* Return call_reporting info in case of timeout
Thanks Robert Groenenberg
* Bugfix: Build fails with autoconf 2.63, works with 2.68.
Thanks Robert Groenenberg
* Do not call SSL_library_init() from getdns_context_create() when
the second bit from the set_from_os parameter is set.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Users