[getdns-api] Spec change request: Set suffixes from OS

Willem Toorop willem at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Mar 23 21:46:41 UTC 2016

Dear all,

The current spec (in paragraph 8.5 https://getdnsapi.net/spec.html#8.5 )
states that the default suffixes is "an empty list".

I propose to change this to "set from the OS when the context is created
with the "set_from_os" parameter set, otherwise an empty list".

This would be consistent with how other settings are "set from the OS",
such as for example the upstream recursive servers.

The complete text will then become:

	getdns_return_t
	getdns_context_set_suffix(
	  getdns_context  *context,
	  getdns_list     *value
	);

	The value is a list of bindatas that are strings that are to
	be appended based on getdns_context_set_append_name; the
	default is an set from the OS when the context is created with
	the "set_from_os" parameter set, otherwise an empty list. The
	values here follow the rules in section 2.1 of RFC 4343 to
	allow non-ASCII octets and special characters in labels.

Do you agree?

I would appreciate a response on short notice as I am about to do the
1.0beta release very soon (preferable before the DNS-OARC and IETF95).

Thanks,

-- Willem