[getdns-api] string from dict bindata

Tom Pusateri pusateri at bangj.com
Sun May 1 20:14:44 UTC 2016

In the spec, there is a function to return API information:

getdns_dict *api_info = getdns_context_get_api_information(getdns_context *context);

It contains version_string and implementation_string both as bindata.

There is a function to get the bindata from the dict but I don’t see an API to convert the bindata to a generic string:

getdns_bindata *version_bindata = NULL;
getdns_dict_get_bindata(api_info, "version_string", &version_bindata);

Are we supposed to peek inside of bindata and assume the bytes and length are string data?

Thanks,
Tom