[getdns-api] Firs release candidate for getdns-1.1.3
willem at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri Aug 25 10:08:21 UTC 2017
We have a first candidate for a bugfix release version 1.1.3 of getdns.
The brew formula for getdns and Stubby were conflicting because they
both installed Stubby. To resolve, we gave Stubby its own repository
(https://github.com/getdnsapi/stubby) with getdns as a library dependency.
This release will allow for two complementary brew formulas.
1. One that installs the getdns library and the getdns_query tool with:
brew install getdns
2. Another one that installs Stubby and (implicitly) the getdns library:
brew install stubby
This release does include the new Stubby from its own repository too,
but it is not build by default any more. To build Stubby together with
the library you must configure it with the --with-stubby option.
Besides this organizational matter, we have a few fixes for high
priority bugs in this release:
* When UDP upstreams were "temporarily" failing, the upstream
selection process would crash when it would come back to the first
specified UDP upstream after it initially failed.
* High-load multi-threading environments had an serviceability issue,
because file descriptors were closed repeatedly when they were
finished. As a result, a freshly obtained reused file descriptor by
some thread could become unusable because it would be closed by
another thread immediately.
A few more minor bugs have been addressed with this release too. For a
complete overview see the ChangeLog section below.
Please review this release candidate carefully, if all is well, the
actual release will follow Friday the 1st of September.
link : https://getdnsapi.net/dist/getdns-1.1.3-rc1.tar.gz
pgp : https://getdnsapi.net/dist/getdns-1.1.3-rc1.tar.gz.asc
* 2017-0?-??: Version 1.1.3
* No annotations with the output of getdns_query anymore,
unless -V option is given to increase verbosity
Thanks Ollivier Robert
* getdns_query will now exit with failure status if replies are BOGUS
* Bugfix: dnssec_return_validation_chain now also works when fallback
to full recursion was needed with dnssec_roadblock_avoidance
* More clear build instructions from Paul Hoffman. Thanks.
* Bugfix #320.1: Eliminate multiple closing of file descriptors
Thanks Neil Cook
* Bugfix #320.2: Array bounds bug in upstream_select
Thanks Neil Cook
* Bugfix #318: getdnsapi/getdns/README.md links to nonexistent wiki
pages. Thanks James Raftery
* Bugfix #322: MacOS 10.10 (Yosemite) provides TCP fastopen interface
but does not have it implemented. Thanks Joel Purra
* Compile without Stubby by default. Stubby now has a git repository
of its own. The new Stubby repository is added as a submodule.
Stubby will still be build alongside getdns with the --with-stubby
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 829 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Users