[getdns-users] Question on transport fallback option of the getdns API

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Sun Jul 16 11:17:46 UTC 2017

Am 13.07.2017 um 15:01 schrieb Marcel van Garderen:

> I have a question on the usage of the getdns API function getdns_context_set_dns_transport_list().

just had a similar discussion about configuring stubby.

Imagine I like to run stubby as replacement for unbound. Queries from local applications send to stubby
(via "nameserver ::1" in /etc/resolv.conf) the software should try to answer while acting as full recursive resolver.
It know the root nameservers an root's DNSKEYs and follog delegations.
But if that fail I like stubby to forward the requests to an upstream resolver provides via DHCP for example.

Willem don't denied that should be possible but how could a configuration file look like?

this messages is mainly intended as a reminder :-)

Andreas