[getdns-users] DNS blacklisting

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Fri Apr 27 09:00:10 UTC 2018

> On 26 Apr 2018, at 10:42, Emery Hemingway <ehmry at posteo.net> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I use Stubby on my laptop as resolver for a virtual machine and some
> native applications. I am loath to configure anything Linux, so it works
> well for me to manage a DNS stack independent of any system settings and
> use DHCP configure the virtual machine to use it.
>
> I'm happy this far, but now I would like to blacklist some DNS domains
> for my stubby clients. Is this possible with Stubby, or should I add an
> Unbound server into the mix? Is resolving requests to a loopback address
> still the prefered blacklisting method?

Hi there,

We have an existing feature request to be able to add DNS blacklisting:
https://github.com/getdnsapi/stubby/issues/65
so your additional request for this is noted :-)

However at the moment most people who want to do this do use a combination of stubby and unbound e.g:
https://dnsprivacy.org/wiki/display/DP/DNS+Privacy+Clients#DNSPrivacyClients-Unbound

Regards

Sara.