[getdns-users] Stubby constantly has to be restarted to work in Manjaro

Advrk Aplmrkt avkaplmkt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 14:01:58 UTC 2018

Hello,

I've been using Stubby on default settings per the instructions here
for several months:

https://dnsprivacy.org/wiki/display/DP/DNS+Privacy+Daemon+-+Stubby

I installed it from the official repositories for my Manjaro Linux
system and I used Network Manager to point my home wifi connection to
always use Stubby for DNS at 127.0.0.1. It worked well enough until a
few weeks ago when all DNS look ups on this system failed.

I discovered that after restarting Stubby via the command "systemctl
restart stubby" makes DNS lookups work again, **but only for a few
minutes at a time!!!**

So now, I have to keep a terminal window open all the time and rerun
"systemctl restart stubby" every few minutes just to keep my Internet
connection working... This is clearly not a sustainable solution.

Can anyone advise on how to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks!