[getdns-users] getdns-1.4.2 released
willem at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri May 11 11:40:23 UTC 2018
I am pleased to announce the new bugfix release, version 1.4.2 of getdns
The two major bugfixes are:
* DNSSEC Denial of Existence validation at NSEC wildcards, which was
broken since 1.4.0.
* Null termination of strings in configuration dictionaries. This in
particular affected Stubby configurations with settings for
trust_anchors_verify_email, appdata_dir, resolvconf, hosts,
tls_ca_path, tls_ca_file, tls_cipher_list and tls_curves_list.
If you use Stubby and had one of these configured, but they did not
affect Stubby operation as expected, retry with this release
candidate to see if it resolves the issue.
DNSSEC validation in stub mode has been improved and should be possible
more often now (also with badly behaving authoritatives), because it is
now partly traced from the root up.
A few more issues are resolved with this release.
For a complete overview see the ChangeLog below.
This release has Stubby release 0.2.3 included, with:
* An updated stubby.yml file
(Watch out! The entries for securedns.eu have changed!)
* Better recommendations for running Stubby with systemd
* No pass through of ENDS0 options that were handled by underlying
link : https://getdnsapi.net/dist/getdns-1.4.2.tar.gz
pgp : https://getdnsapi.net/dist/getdns-1.4.2.tar.gz.asc
* 2018-05-11: Version 1.4.2
* Bugfix getdnsapi/stubby#87: Detect and ignore duplicate certs
in the Windows root CA store.
* PR #397: No TCP sendto without TCP_FASTOPEN
Thanks Emery Hemingway
* Bugfix getdnsapi/stubby#106: Core dump when printing certain
configuration. Thanks Han Vinke
* Bugfix getdnsapi/stubby#99: Partly trace DNSSEC from the root
up (for tld and sld), to find insecure delegations quicker.
* Bugfix: Allow NSEC spans starting from (unexpanded) wildcards
Bug was introduced when dealing with CVE-2017-15105
* Bugfix getdnsapi/stubby#46: Don't assume trailing zero with
string bindata's. Thanks Lonnie Abelbeck
* Bugfix #394: Update src/compat/getentropy_linux.c in order to
handle ENOSYS (not implemented) fallback.
Thanks Brent Blood
* Bugfix #395: Clarify that libidn2 dependency is for version 2.0.0
or higher. Thanks mire3212
* 2018-05-11: Version 0.2.3
* Bugfix #62 and #106: With systemd setups, make /run/stubby directory
writeable for stubby user and include a "appdata_dir" directory
Thanks Paul Wouters, eccgecko and Han Vinke
* Update securedns.eu entries in stubby.yml.example
* Added Cloudflare servers in stubby.yml.example
* Added basic upstart script in contrib/upstart dir. Thanks vapniks
* Bugfix #98: EDNS options that are handled internally should not
be passed on through downstream. Thanks Twisteroid Ambassador
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Users