[getdns-api] Can't build getdns on Debian 7.0.0

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Sat May 10 19:35:33 MST 2014

On May 10, 2014, at 6:25 PM, Andrew Sullivan <asullivan at dyn.com> wrote:

> You may need the header files, which on Debian are the package name
> with either -dev or -devel (I forget which ATM) appended.

Ah, if that were only true. It fails in exactly the same way with libidn11-dev and libidn2-0-dev:

configure: Checking for dependency ldns
checking for ldns_dname_new_frm_str in -lldns... no
configure: Checking for dependency libidn
checking for idna_to_ascii_8z in -lidn... no
configure: error: One more dependencies is missing

--Paul Hoffman