[getdns-api] Removing STARTTLS from the API

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Mon Oct 19 13:45:14 UTC 2015

Hi,

I made an argument to the core development team that the STARTTLS functionality adds some complexity to the code. I didn’t feel the effort to maintain and test it moving forward (as various authentication mechanisms are added, code is re-factored, etc.) was warranted given the consensus in the WG to remove the mechanism from the draft. This was accepted, but if there are strong feelings that this shouldn’t be done now please speak to that.

On the separate question of updating the Official API, of course it could be handled as Shane suggests. But I felt that now the mechanism is no longer described in an active IETF draft it seemed a reasonable time to ask the question.

Regards

Sara.