[getdns-users] First release candidate for getdns-1.2.0

Willem Toorop willem at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Sep 25 07:35:06 UTC 2017

Op 23-09-17 om 21:52 schreef A. Schulze:

> Am 22.09.2017 um 16:01 schrieb Willem Toorop:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> We have a first release candidate for the upcoming 1.2.0 feature release
>> of getdns.
>
> Hello Willem,
>
> what I noticed so far...
>
> * spelling-error in stubby/src/stubby.c: "extention" should be "extension"
>
> * stubby/stubby.yml.example
>     - I suggest to reformat to avoid linebreaks on 80 char terminals
>     - missing double-quotes in the inactive line
>       #dnssec_trust_anchors: /etc/unbound/getdns-root.key

Thanks!  Improvements committed to the release/v1.2.0 branch.

> * unbound uses /etc/unbound/root.key.
>   Is there a reason getdns defaults to /etc/unbound/getdns-root.key?

Good question.  For one, getdns interprets the trust anchor file as a
zone file and ignores all annotations; so it is handling the root key
somewhat different then unbound.

With Zero configuration DNSSEC we would prefer not to have a
dnssec_trust_anchor specified at all.  I think we should replace this
line with one with which the location of the library specific data can
be set.  I.e. something like:

# Specify the location where getdns will store it's library specific
# data.  Currently this directory is used only for Zero configuration
# DNSSEC and will be used to track and store the root-anchors.xml,
# root-anchors.p7s and root.key files.
#
# appdata_dir: "/etc/getdns"

-- Willem