[getdns-api] opcode

Tom Pusateri pusateri at bangj.com
Sat Mar 26 18:59:27 UTC 2016

Thanks for all the work on getdns so far. I’m not sure if this is the right list so apologies in advance if it is not and please direct me to the right place for api questions.

I was looking at using getdns for a test tool and didn’t see a way to specify the opcode in the DNS header in a request. In my particular case, I am trying to implement a test client for draft-ietf-dnssd-push-06. Maybe I overlooked it and thought I would check if I missed something. If not, does it make sense to add this to the getdns_general() api?

Otherwise, I will look at ldns.

Thanks,
Tom